There are at least 5 things that you can do for under $500 that could net you thousands in the sale of your home. This list is just for the exterior of your home. I will do a separate post to show 5 things you can do to the interior of your home.
The video below is a good recap for this topic and I encourage you to watch it. The simple truth is when a buyer comes up to your home they don’t want to see a “project”. These days buyers want show ready and ready to move in. If you want the most money for your home that you can get, you will give them exactly that. That doesn’t always mean you have to spend a fortune to get it that way though.
Here are 5 things for under $500 that could net you thousands in return:
- Replace or spruce up the mail box – you don’t want people to see an ugly old mailbox that they are afraid to put their hands inside. This small detail can really make a difference in curb appeal.
- Landscaping – trim the shrubs. Don’t let the shrubs hide the house. Make sure the grass is cut nicely, consider removing overgrown shrubs and planting smaller ones if they’ve gotten too big and cutting them back leaves nothing but a dead looking mess. Lastly, add some fresh mulch.
- Pressure wash the house – nobody wants to drive up and see a mildew covered house or driveway. Clean it up and let it shine. Be sure to remove your window screens prior to pressure washing as it can tear screens to bits.
- Replace the front door – or even just paint it if it’s in good shape.
- Decorating the porch of exterior entryway. Place some chairs with pretty cushions and/or a small table with flowers in a pot. Add a pretty wreath and even a tasteful seasonal flag.
If you are looking to get the most out of your home, call me! 704-408-2834 I’ll be glad to come out and give you some inside tips on how to improve your net gain. Then list with me and we’ll let my proven marketing system bring you the right buyer fast. I’m not just all talk, see my reviews from my former clients here.